Thursday, February 28, 2013

Are you experiencing "hair crisis"?


DIY HAIR DETOX

sea salt shampoo
I have been having a “hair crisis”of sorts lately.
As I get older my hair is getting thinner, and so to COMPENSATEI’ve been using more and morehairspray! Not only am I usingMORE hairspray…but I’ve even starting buying the “industrial strength” hairspray!  Can you say“Helmet Hair”?? :-)

Anyway, my hair has been feeling weighed down lately, and looking tired. Regular shampooing hasn’t helped, so I started looking around for something to detoxify and revive my wilted hair. Little did I know how simple it was.
All you need is:

Course Sea Salt    &   Your Favorite Shampoo
Full of minerals, sea salt de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt, without stripping natural oils. It also removes PRODUCT BUILD-UP which gives hair a LIFT. Perfect for hair in need of a boost….like MINE!
big shampoo

Sea salt is also the main ingredient in the very popular shampoo BIG by Lush which is $26.95 for 11.4 ounces!!!!!  We can do better than that! :-)


To make your own Sea Salt Clarifying Shampoo for PENNIES….just mix 3 parts course sea salt with 2 parts of your favorite mild shampoo. (In hindsight I would probably try adding a little coconut oil next time for some added softness. Seems likeEVERYTHING’S better with Coconut Oil!)
sea salt shampoo
sea salt shampoo

Wash hair with mixture and then thoroughly rinse with water. I like to finish with a COOL WATER rinse. As cool as I can stand without starting to shiver! ;-)

This is NOT a shampoo for daily use. I would recommend using once a month for a thorough cleaning. Using too often could be drying to your hair and scalp.
sea salt shampoo
I was really pleased with this shampoo. It felt GOOD to actually use something on my scalp that had a big of an exfoliant action to it. My scalp felt tingly and clean. IDEFINITELY noticed more volume and lift to my hair after using. All that hairspray was really doing a number on my limp locks.
I was also pleasantly surprised at how SHINY my hair was!  I guess all that caked-on hair product wasn’t allowing my flaxen strands to shine through. ;-)  Now you pretty much have to wear shades to even look at my hair! lol. Not really. But it’s definitely shinier and bouncier….which is EXACTLY what I was hoping for!

Source: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/10/diy-hair-detox.html

No comments:

Post a Comment